Chocolate Pancakes with Blueberry Butter
- 4 eggs (large pastured)
- 3 tablespoons oil (large pastured)
- 1 scoop chocolate (large pastured)
- 1/4 coconut flour (large pastured)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (large pastured)
- 2 tablespoons butter (large pastured)
- 3 tablespoons blueberries (large pastured)
- Set a large cast iron skillet to heat on medium heat.
- In the meantime whisk the MCT oil and the eggs together.
- Add in the coconut flour, protein, baking soda and pinch of salt.
- Mix until smooth.
- The batter will be thick.
- Once the skillet has come to temperature add the tablespoon of butter.
- Pour the batter on to the skillet.
- Will make 4 2/3 cup pancakes.
- Cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes a side.
- These bad boys will be tall.
- After you flip them once, flip them again and gently press down a bit to make sure the middle is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- In a small sauce pot, add the blueberries, cook until they thaw and the fluid begins to simmer.
- Add in the butter and mix and mash until the blueberries are completely softened.
- Serve your pancakes and spoon buttery blueberry mix all over them.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:25:58.