- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 3 ounces pork rind (crushed)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (crushed)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (crushed)
- Pound out the chicken thighs into cutlets.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal, crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Dip the chicken into the egg and cream mixture and then dip it into the breading mixture.
- Cover the chicken well in the breading and shake off any excess; put the chicken on a plate or piece of foil and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan at medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking, about 2-3 minutes.
- Fry the chicken on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown all the way around.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the fried chicken on a sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Top each piece with 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of the mozzarella cheese (use more if desired).
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese starts to get golden brown.
- Yield: 4
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:16.