Zuppa Tuscana Soup
- 4 slices bacon (cut up small)
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage (cut up small)
- 1 yellow onion (cut up small)
- 4 cloves garlic (cut up small)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cauliflower (cut up small)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups kale (cut up small)
- 1 cup heavy cream (cut up small)
- parmesan cheese (cut up small)
- In a large soup pot or sauce pan cook bacon over medium until crispy.Add sausage and break it apart as it cooks.Once sausage is browned and crumbled drain off the grease leaving a tablespoon or two to sautÃ© the onion.Push the sausage to the edges of the pot and add onion to the centre.
- SautÃ© onion until translucent, then add garlic and sautÃ© until fragrant.Stir in broth and cauliflower, season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, simmer for about 20 minutes or until cauliflower are tender.Add kale and heavy cream or evaporated milk.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Taste and re-season as needed.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:48.