Zoodles with Browned Butter & Mizithra Cheese [Recipe]
- 1 pound zucchini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (unsalted)
- 1/4 cup cheese (unsalted)
- Spiralize or shred zucchini into noodle-like strands.Spread zucchini over paper towels, lightly salt and let sit for 10-15 minutes.Melt butter over medium heat, stirring frequently while swirling pan.
- Once it begins to bubble, watch for color changes: yellow to tan, and finally a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl once the golden brown color is reached.Blot excess moisture out of zucchini noodles.Coat a saute pan with a tablespoon of the browned butter.
- Saute the zucchini noodles over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.Drizzle remaining browned butter over zucchini noodles and sprinkle Mizithra cheese on top.
- Toss to evenly coat and serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:42.