SUGAR FREE SALTED PEANUT CARAMEL SWEETS
- 600 milliliters double cream
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 60 grams erythritol (; for U.S. link click HERE)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract (; for U.S. link click HERE)
- 20 drops liquid (; for U.S. link click HERE)
- 100 grams salted peanuts (; for U.S. link click HERE)
- Instructions in a small, heavy-base saucepan, add all ingredients except peanuts and caramel stevia. stir with a hand whisk and bring to the boil, then turn heat down to a simmer (induction 6) thereon, stir occasionally, scraping sides and bottom to prevent the mixture from sticking. once the caramel starts to thicken and become golden, stir almost continuously, paying attention to the sides and bottom of pan; it's OK if tiny brown specks become loose, but it's a clue that you need to stir more thoroughly and more often. the caramel will be ready when it is pale amber in colour and very thick, with a curdled look about it (see photo/video above); the mixture will have reduced considerably at this point. remove from heat, stir to cool down a little, then add peanuts, mix and fill your moulds. refrigerate or freeze until set.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:21.