Sugar-Free Keto Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 cans coconut milk (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup erythritol (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup almond flour (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 1 condensed milk (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- 1 chocolate cookie (800 ml/ 27.4 fl oz)
- Instructions To prepare the Condensed Milk: Pour the coconut milk in a pot.
- Bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Once it starts simmering, turn the heat down to low.
- Reduce the coconut milk to about half of the volume.
- This will take 40-50 minutes.
- Once reduced, take off the heat and add Erythritol.
- Pour in a mixing bowl and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
- To prepare the Chocolate Cookie: While you prepare the condensed milk, make the chocolate cookie.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F / 150 C.
- Place the almond flour, cacao powder, Erythritol, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg and coconut oil and mix with your hands.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, top with another sheet of parchment paper, and roll out, or simply use your hands to flatten it until about 1/4 inch (1/2 cm) thick, to create a large cookie.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Let the cookie cool to room temperature.
- The cookie will be soft at first but will crisp up as it cools down.
- Once cooled and crisped up, break the cookie into small pieces.
- To prepare the Ice-Cream: Place a large container in the freezer.
- (I used an 8-inch/ 20 cm square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Any 9-10 cup container will work).
- In a bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form.
- Be careful not to over whisk it to avoid curdling.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cooled condensed milk.
- At first, add a few tablespoons to lighten the mixture, and then gently mix in the remaining whipped cream without deflating it.
- Mix in the cookie pieces (reserve some for topping).
- Remove the container from the freezer and spoon in the ice-cream mixture.
- Top with the reserved cookie pieces.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:11.