Spicy Egg Curry
- 3 large eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 shallots (medium
- 1 teaspoon ginger (hard boiled)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (hard boiled)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (hard boiled)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (hard boiled)
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander (hard boiled)
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (hard boiled)
- 3 red chili peppers (hard boiled)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (hard boiled)
- Finely dice the ginger, garlic, shallot and Thai chili(remove seeds to reduce the heat level).
- Grate the nutmeg.
- Peel the hard boiled eggs.Heat 1 tbsp of ghee on medium heat in a nonstick pan.
- Add the hard boiled eggs and cook until the eggs have a crispy exterior.
- Remove eggs and set aside.Add the ginger, garlic, shallots, and chili to the pan with the remaining ghee.
- Allow it to cook down for a minute(don't let the garlic burn).
- Now add the remaining spices, mix, and cook for 1 minute (this will bring out the flavor of the spices).Add 1/2 cup of water(you can opt for coconut milk to reduce the spice of the dish and give it a Thai twist) to the mixture and turn the heat on high.
- We will now start reducing the curry mixture down.
- When the water is almost completely gone and the curry is a paste, add the eggs back in, along with 2 whole Thai chili's and cook for another 1 minute while stirring.To serve, place the eggs in a bowl with tongs and spoon the curry over top.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:14.