Rosemary & Garlic Eggplant Chips
- 2 eggplant (average
- 3 tablespoons ghee (average, 500g / 17.6 oz)
- 1 clove garlic
- dried rosemary (average, 500g / 17.6 oz)
- salt (to taste
- Slice the eggplants into about 1/2 cm / 1/4 inch pieces with a knife.
- I sliced them slightly diagonally to get them as big as possible (they will shrink a lot).
- Lay the eggplant in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking foil or parchment paper and sprinkle with salt.
- Let it sit for up to an hour to leach out water before baking.
- Use a paper towel to tap on each slice and remove any excessive water.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted ghee (butter or extra virgin olive oil), chopped rosemary and mashed garlic.
- Brush each slice from both sides with the oil mixture, add more salt if needed and place in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- You may need to remove some of the eggplant at a time depending on the thickness of each slice and also on distribution of heat in your oven.
- Remove from the oven and eat soon.
- Like other vegetable chips, eggplant chips tend to get soggy if you leave them for too long.
- If that happens, just add them back to the oven for a couple of minutes.
- ENJOY! Suggestion: You can try eggplant chips with simple creamy dip.
- You will need 1 cup of sour cream (240g / 8.5 oz) and 1 medium spring onion, thinly chopped.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:24:42.