Quick Frittata with Tomatoes and Cheese
- 6 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 white onion (free-range or organic)
- 2/3 cup soft cheese (free-range or organic)
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes (free-range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons herbs (free-range or organic)
- salt (to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven (or ideally broiler if you have it) to 200 °C/ 400 °F.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Place on a hot pan greased with ghee and cook until lightly browned.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Add finely chopped herbs (I used chives) and whisk well.
- When the onion is browned, pour in the eggs and cook until you see the edges turning opaque.
- Top with the crumbled cheese and halved cherry tomatoes.
- Place under the broiler and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the top is cooked.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:35.