Quick Frittata with Tomatoes and Cheese
- 6 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 1/2 white onion (free-range or organic)
- 2/3 cup soft cheese (free-range or organic)
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes (free-range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons herbs (free-range or organic)
- salt (to taste,
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven (or ideally broiler if you have it) to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Peel and slice the onion. Place on a hot pan greased with ghee and cook until lightly browned. Crack the eggs into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add finely chopped herbs (I used chives) and whisk well. When the onion is browned, pour in the eggs and cook until you see the edges turning opaque. Top with the crumbled cheese and halved cherry tomatoes. Place under the broiler and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the top is cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool down. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:35.