Paleo, Whole30 & Keto Thai Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for cooking)
- 2 red pepper (for cooking)
- 1 small onion (for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (for cooking)
- 3 cloves garlic (for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (for cooking)
- 2 green chilies (for cooking)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (for cooking)
- 2 chicken breasts (for cooking)
- 13 1/2 ounces full fat coconut milk (for cooking)
- 3/4 cup water (for cooking)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (for cooking)
- 3 teaspoons Swerve Sweetener (or xylitol)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid aminos
- 2 lime juice
- cilantro leaves
- cauliflower rice
- lime wedges
- Add coconut oil to a skillet or pan over medium/high heat.
- Add pepper slices and briefly sauté until softened, 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and set aside.Heat up more coconut oil and add in onion, cooking for 4-6 minutes until translucent.
- Add in ginger, garlic, lime zest, green chili, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until it all starts to brown (4-6 more minutes).
- Add in chicken and cook, over medium heat, until it's no longer pink in the center but still tender.
- Add back in the peppers, coconut milk, water, stock, sweetener, fish sauce, liquid aminos, and lime juice.
- Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Check for seasoning and serve right away over a bed of cauliflower rice with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:16.