- 600 grams portobello mushrooms (10.6 oz)
- 4 tablespoons ghee (10.6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (10.6 oz)
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to low, 150 °C/ 300 °F. Slice the mushrooms thinly with a knife or using a mandolin. If you can, get the biggest mushrooms you can (they will shrink a lot). Place the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking sheet (or any non-stick surface). You can put them close, they will shrink a lot. Brush each mushroom with melted ghee or any fat suitable for baking (oils with high smoke points, e.g. ghee, coconut oil, red palm oil, lard). Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and freshly ground black pepper. If you prefer a spicier taste, just add some chilli powder, garlic powder, etc. Place the mushrooms in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Rotate the tray 2-3 times to make sure they are baked evenly. When done, cool down to room temperature and try not to eat them all! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:57.