- 600 grams portobello mushrooms (10.6 oz)
- 4 tablespoons ghee (10.6 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (10.6 oz)
- 1 dash freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to low, 150 °C/ 300 °F.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly with a knife or using a mandolin.
- If you can, get the biggest mushrooms you can (they will shrink a lot).
- Place the mushrooms in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking sheet (or any non-stick surface).
- You can put them close, they will shrink a lot.
- Brush each mushroom with melted ghee or any fat suitable for baking (oils with high smoke points, e.g.
- ghee, coconut oil, red palm oil, lard).
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If you prefer a spicier taste, just add some chilli powder, garlic powder, etc.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Rotate the tray 2-3 times to make sure they are baked evenly.
- When done, cool down to room temperature and try not to eat them all! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:57.