Mini Low Carb Carrot Cake
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large eggs (or two flax/chia eggs for a vegan version)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F (177C).
- If using a muffin tin, grease 8 wells of the tray or use 8 cupcake liners.
- If using this adorable nonstick mini bundt pan (or a silicone one), no prep should be required.
- Make the flax eggs by whisking the 2 tbsp of ground flax with the 6 tbsp of unsweetened nondairy milk, and letting that sit for about 10 minutes, until it thickens a bit.
- Add carrots, flax eggs, coconut oil, Swerve, and vanilla to your blender or food processor.
- Blend together until combined, though this doesn't have to be perfectly smooth.
- Small carrot chunks is totally okay.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- Pour the carrot mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until completely combined.
- It will be a really stiff batter that is basically a wet dough.
- Scoop mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- and the entire top is cooked.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for at least 15 minutes before inverting on a cooling rack.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:48.