Mad Creations Keto "ChikOH" Rolls
- 25 grams olive oil
- 60 grams butter
- 30 grams onions (diced)
- 20 grams celery (diced)
- 180 grams cabbage (diced)
- 30 grams zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chicken stock cubes
- 250 grams ground lamb (diced)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 batch dough (diced)
- Instructions Thermomix - Add all ingredients except mince and xanthan to mixer.
- Cook 14 minutes/98℃/reverse speed 1.
- Add mince and cook for further 8 minutes/98℃/reverse speed 1.
- Check that your cabbage is lovely and soft, increase cooking time if needed. Conventional cooking method - Cook all filling ingredients except mince and xanthan in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- When cabbage starts to soften and mince and cook until cooked through.
- Pour mixture into large bowl and add xanthan gum and mix together until you see the mixture start to get a bit pasty and resemble "Chiko Roll" filling.
- Taste and season how you like at this stage.
- I added salt flakes and cracked black pepper.
- Cool and refrigerate for 3 hours. Roll out your fathead dough between 2 pieces of baking paper until about 2 mm thick and approximately 30cm x 40cm.
- Cut into 12 x 10㎠ equal squares.
- Spoon your mixture to the left of each square leaving 1-2mm from each and.
- Gently roll your square over and push your ends down with your fingers to form a little pillow.
- Make sure the back seam is secured so no filling will come out.
- Repeat this with all 12 rolls.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes while you get your oil up to temperature. Heat a saucepan with coconut oil or other high smoke point oil up to high heat. Fry ChikOHs in small batches (1-2) remove with tongs and drain on paper towel. Eat as is.
- A super crispy Keto treat! In case you missed hearing the crispy goodness you can check out my FB Live
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:30:19.