Low-Carb Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallots (or small white onion
- 1/4 cup tomato purée (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and drain the tomatoes and fresh basil.
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- Place most of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- You may need to dice the onion and mash the garlic before to make sure there are no large pieces left.
- If you prefer a chunky texture, leave some tomatoes and basil aside, dice and add to the smooth sauce.
- When done, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- To keep it fresh for longer, pour a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil on top and store for up to 2 weeks.
- Marinara sauce is perfect as topping on low-carb pizza!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:07:03.