Low-Carb Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1 cup fresh basil ,
- 2 cloves garlic ,
- 1 shallots (or small white onion,
- 1/4 cup tomato purée (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or regular tomatoes, chopped, 150 g / 5.3 oz)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and drain the tomatoes and fresh basil. Peel the onion and garlic. Place most of the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. You may need to dice the onion and mash the garlic before to make sure there are no large pieces left. If you prefer a chunky texture, leave some tomatoes and basil aside, dice and add to the smooth sauce. When done, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a week. To keep it fresh for longer, pour a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil on top and store for up to 2 weeks. Marinara sauce is perfect as topping on low-carb pizza!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:07:03.