Low Carb Lasagna Meatballs
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage (or sweet)
- 1 pound ground chuck (or sweet)
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce (or sweet)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese (or sweet)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- For the meatballs: Combine all of the meatball ingredients in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form into approximately thirty two 1.5″ meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake at 375 degrees (F) for 15 minutes.
- For the casserole: Place the meatballs in a casserole dish (13×9 should do) in a single layer.
- Pour half of the keto marinara sauce over the meatballs.
- Drop the ricotta cheese by generous teaspoonfuls evenly over the casserole.
- Pour the second half of the marinara sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the entire thing.
- Bake for about 30 minutes at 375 degrees (F).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:55.