Low Carb Garlic Dough Balls
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons water (warm, ~110F, for dissolving yeast)
- 2 large eggs (warm, ~110F, for dissolving yeast)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (warm, ~110F, for dissolving yeast)
- Instructions Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare a baking pan by covering with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Sift together dry ingredients (almond flour, xantham gum, baking powder, salt, garlic powder).
- Add yeast to warm water and allow to dissolve, stirring to break up any clumps.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella, cream cheese, and butter.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds, or until cheese is melted.
- Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients, egg, and yeast mixture to melted cheese mixture and mix well until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough onto a flat surface sprinkled with the coconut flour and knead gently, 15-20 times.
- Optional: For fluffier dough balls, cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm place for ~10 minutes.
- Divide dough into approximately 15 evenly sized portions and roll each into a ball.
- Beat remaining egg and use it to coat each of the dough balls.
- Optionally, sprinkle with seasoning, sea salt, or other toppings.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:20.