Low Carb Garlic Dough Balls
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese ,
- 1 ounce cream cheese ,
- 1 tablespoon butter ,
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour ,
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum ,
- 1 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast ,
- 2 tablespoons water (warm, ~110F, for dissolving yeast)
- 2 large eggs (warm, ~110F, for dissolving yeast)
- 1 dash salt ,
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder ,
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (warm, ~110F, for dissolving yeast)
- Instructions Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare a baking pan by covering with parchment paper or a baking mat. Sift together dry ingredients (almond flour, xantham gum, baking powder, salt, garlic powder). Add yeast to warm water and allow to dissolve, stirring to break up any clumps. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine mozzarella, cream cheese, and butter. Microwave for 60-90 seconds, or until cheese is melted. Stir to combine. Add dry ingredients, egg, and yeast mixture to melted cheese mixture and mix well until dough forms a ball. Turn dough onto a flat surface sprinkled with the coconut flour and knead gently, 15-20 times. Optional: For fluffier dough balls, cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rise in a warm place for ~10 minutes. Divide dough into approximately 15 evenly sized portions and roll each into a ball. Beat remaining egg and use it to coat each of the dough balls. Optionally, sprinkle with seasoning, sea salt, or other toppings. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:20.