Low Carb Coffee Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (organic)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (organic)
- 1/4 cup coffee beans (organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract ,
- 4 egg yolks ,
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute (organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (organic)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine the coffee beans, heavy cream and almond milk in a medium bowl. Soak for 2 hours, or overnight if you want a stronger flavor.Heat the cream, milk and coffee beans in the microwave for 2 minutes. Strain out the beans. Return the cream mixture to the bowl and add the splenda, vanilla, salt, xanthan gum (if using) and egg yolks - stir well.Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds, stir. At this point it should be slightly thickened (if not, microwave 30 seconds longer).Pour it through a sieve to remove any lumps, then chill in the freezer for 30 minutes or the refrigerator overnight.When the custard is chilled, run it through an ice cream maker following the manufacturer's instructions. If you don't have an ice cream maker, try this method using zip lock bags, ice, and salt to freeze your custard mixture.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:44.