Keto Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 6 large eggs ,
- 3 bacon slices (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons shallots (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 cup white mushrooms (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 8 leaves kale (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- salt ,
- pepper ,
- spinach ,
- avocado ,
- extra olive oil
- Remove the hard stems from the kale and chop into small pieces. Cook the bacon until crispy and then add the red pepper, mushroom and shallot. Sautee until just softened. Add the kale and turn off the heat to allow kale to wilt but not cook. Beat the eggs, with salt and pepper, until well combined. Turn the slow cooker on to high and place the butter in to melt. Once melted, brush the inside of the slow cooker with the melted butter. Place the sautéed vegetables into the base of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables and then pour the egg mixture in on top. Stir through and then cook on high for approx. 1.5 hours, or on low for approx. 6 hours. These times can vary wildly depending on the size, model and age of your slow cooker so I would recommend doing a test batch to determine your cooking times. Enjoy with sliced avocado and leafy greens, or let it cool down. Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:37.