Keto Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- 3 bacon slices (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons shallots (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 cup white mushrooms (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 8 leaves kale (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (large, 90 g/ 3.2 oz)
- extra olive oil
- Remove the hard stems from the kale and chop into small pieces.
- Cook the bacon until crispy and then add the red pepper, mushroom and shallot.
- Sautee until just softened.
- Add the kale and turn off the heat to allow kale to wilt but not cook.
- Beat the eggs, with salt and pepper, until well combined.
- Turn the slow cooker on to high and place the butter in to melt.
- Once melted, brush the inside of the slow cooker with the melted butter.
- Place the sautéed vegetables into the base of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables and then pour the egg mixture in on top.
- Stir through and then cook on high for approx.
- 1.5 hours, or on low for approx.
- 6 hours.
- These times can vary wildly depending on the size, model and age of your slow cooker so I would recommend doing a test batch to determine your cooking times.
- Enjoy with sliced avocado and leafy greens, or let it cool down.
- Leftovers can be stored covered in the refrigerator for 2 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:37.