Keto Rosemary Balsamic Chicken Liver Pate
- 1 pound chicken livers
- water (Filtered)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup leeks (Filtered)
- 3 grams fresh rosemary (Filtered)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (Filtered)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Place the livers in a glass dish with water and apple cider vinegar and soak for 12-24 hours.When ready to cook, strain the livers and place in a cast iron pan with coconut oil, leeks, rosemary and salt.Cover and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes, or until livers are cooked through, but slightly pink on the inside.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes.Transfer cooked liver and all juices to your high-powered blender.
- Add balsamic vinegar and ground pepper.
- Blend until very, very smooth.Transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Best if served a day or two after making.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:44.