Keto Low Carb Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (confectioners)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (confectioners)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons pecans (confectioners)
- Instructions Melt the butter, heavy cream, Swerve sweetener and salt in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over low heat do not boil.
- Whisk egg yolks until light in color.
- Take a spoonful of the butter cream mixture and stir into the yolks to temper them.
- Continue with a few more spoonfuls then gradually add in the remaining yolk into the mixture on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Continue to stir until mixture thickens, and coats the back of a spoon, 175 degrees F.
- Pour into a bowl to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then add maple extract and Choczero sweetener or sweetener of choice and MCT oil.
- Once combined pour mixture into your ice cream machine.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Stir in pecans then spread ice cream into an 8 by 5 loaf pan and freeze for 2-3 hours for soft serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:08.