Keto Friendly Low Carb Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 strips bacon (or so)
- 6 ounces tomato paste (or so)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (or so)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Start by cooking the hamburger meat first.
- Be sure to add the minced garlic and onion powder while you are frying it.
- This will give the ground beef a good amount of flavor.
- I’ve got to give some major credit to my long handle measuring spoons.
- I bought these for myself a while ago and I’m so happy at how helpful they are in many ways! Just look how I am about to measure out my minced onion! The typical measuring spoons would never help in big jars like this.
- (Great gift idea for Mom! hint-hint)
- Products from Amazon.com Long Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons by utensi, Set of 4 Engraved Accurate Spoons for Dry and Liquid Ingredients, Beech Wood Set (9-inch handles) -33% Long Handle Wooden Measuring Spoons by utensi, Set of 4 Engraved Accurate Spoons for Dry and Liquid Ingredients, Beech Wood Set (9-inch handles) Price: $19.99 Was: $29.99 Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the fat.
- Add the bacon crumbles to the mixture.
- Then add the small 6 oz can of tomato paste to the meat.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, 6 oz of cheese, 1 cup of heavy cream and 3 tablespoons of coconut flour.
- By this time the ground beef mixture should have cooled down some.
- Add the ground beef mixture to the egg mixture and mix it till it’s well combined.
- (the first time I made this recipe layered the ground beef and put the mixture over the top.
- You can do it this way but I like it mixed a little better.)
- I sprayed my casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and filled it with my casserole mixture.
- Top the casserole with the remaining 2 oz of shredded cheese and put it in the oven.
- I used my favorite Pioneer Woman casserole dishes.
- I used the small casserole pan that measures 11.75 in x 8.25 in x 2.5 in with a depth.
- This recipe filled it all the way to the top.
- The size of your pan will determine the cooking time.
- This size pan took about 40 minutes to cook.
- You will know when the casserole is done by sticking a knife in the center of the mixture.
- If the knife comes out clean, then the center of the casserole is completely cooked.
- If it doesn’t, it needs more time.
- Products from Amazon.com The Pioneer Woman Flea Market 2-Piece Decorated Rectangular Ruffle Top Ceramic Bakeware Set, turquoise & floral baker by BLOSSOMZ The Pioneer Woman Flea Market 2-Piece Decorated Rectangular Ruffle Top Ceramic Bakeware Set, turquoise & floral baker by BLOSSOMZ Price: Check on Amazon If I would have used a larger casserole dish, I probably would only have to cook this casserole for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Just keep the cooking time in mind when you choose the size of your dish.
- This recipe is perfect for a large group of people.
- I invite you to take a minute to add yourself to our special email list so you can be included in lots of good information such as Recipes, Tips, Printables and Meal Plans! We’ve got some amazing information to share and I don’t want you to miss out!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:38.