Keto Brunch Spread
- 4 large eggs
- 24 asparagus spears
- 12 slices bacon (pastured, sugar free)
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- Trim your asparagus about an inch from the bottoms.
- Then in pairs, wrap them with one slice of bacon.
- Hold your spears firmly and close together with one hand as you wind the slice of bacon starting from the bottom, to the top of the spear.
- Gently pull the bacon as you wind it, so it wraps tightly.
- Place it on a sheet pan.
- Repeat with the remaining asparagus, so you have 12 pairs wrapped in bacon.
- Place in the oven, set the timer for 20 minutes.
- In this time, bring a small pot of water to a rapid boil.
- Gently place 4 large eggs in the boiling water.
- Set another time for 6 minutes.
- Prepare a bowl with ice water.
- When the 6 minutes are up, use a slotted spoon or tongs to quickly transfer your eggs to the ice bath.
- Let them sit for 2 minutes before peeling the tops off.
- Gently crack the top of the egg on a hard surface and peel away shell to reveal the tip of the egg.
- When the asparagus are ready, serve on a tray or cutting board.
- If you don’t have an egg holder use espresso cups to hold your eggs up.
- With a small spoon scoop out the tops of the soft boiled eggs to reveal a perfectly runny yolk.
- Dip your asparagus spears into your eggs.
- Feast, enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:10.