Keto BBQ ribs with creamy squash salad
- 3 pounds spareribs (thin)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion (thin)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 14 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 pounds zucchini (thin)
- 2 tablespoons butter oil
- 3 ounces celery (thin)
- 2 ounces scallions (thin)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (thin)
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- Salt the ribs on both sides and place in a slow cooker.
- Add half of the BBQ sauce and cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. Take out the ribs and let them cool.
- (You can complete this step a day in advance if you wish.) Finish off the ribs on the grill or under the broiler.
- Crisp up the surface of the meat; this takes about 15 minutes total.
- Flip the racks over at the half-way point. Serve with the squash salad and the rest of the BBQ sauce.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:22:59.