Keto Banana Caramel Pie
- 1 pie crust (x Ruled.Me’s keto)
- 100 grams unsalted butter
- 250 milliliters cream (x Ruled.Me’s keto)
- 20 grams erythritol (x Ruled.Me’s keto)
- 2 squares dark chocolate (x Ruled.Me’s keto)
- First, make Ruled.Me’s pie crust.
- Instead of dividing the dough into 4-5 portions, divide it into 6-8 portions, and press each portion into the bases of a muffin tray.
- Bake for 25 minutes until brown and crispy.
- When finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Next, make Keto Cook’s caramel sauce, using the ratio of 100g butter, 100g thick cream and 20g of powdered erythritol.
- Once the caramel sauce is finished, divide it between the pastry cases.
- The sauce should have cooled by now, so add 2-3 very thin slices of banana to the top of each pie.
- Whip the remainder of the cream until it is thick and smooth, but not clotted.
- Dollop 1-2tbsp of cream onto the top of each pie, followed by a sprinkle of shaved chocolate, and put into the fridge to set.
- You want the caramel to be quite solid, or else it might taste grainy, so I usually leave it for 2-3 hours before eating
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:37.