Keto Avocado, Egg and Salmon Salad
- 1 to 6 servings)
- salt and ground black pepper
- fresh dill
- smoked paprika
- olive oil
- 15 cups romaine lettuce (/spring mix)
- cucumber (small)
- honey mustard dressing
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Prepare the salmon first.
- Season the salmon on both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large frying pan over high heat and add about 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Allow the oil to get hot, then place the salmon face down first.
- Fry the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side until the edges are golden.
- Season the salmon with a bit of fresh dill and a very light sprinkling of smoked paprika.
- Using a metal fish spatula, turn the salmon, season the other side and fry for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the salmon in the preheated oven and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish (longer for thicker fillet).
- While the salmon is in the oven, prepare the poached eggs.
- Fill a small saucepan with water, add the vinegar, season with salt and allow the water to come up to a simmer.
- Break one egg into a small ramekin, then use a large spoon to swirl the simmering water in one direction.
- Drop the egg into the swirling water.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the egg for about 2 minutes, until the yolk is still underdone.
- Use a large, slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water.
- Prepare the remaining eggs, if needed.
- Once the salmon is done, remove it from the oven and keep it warm.
- Top with sliced cucumber, sliced avocado, sliced shallots, about 10 capers per tray and a sprinkling of fresh dill.
- Drizzle the salad generously with honey mustard dressing; I used 'Newman's Own' dressing.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice over the top before enjoying.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:26.