Homemade Truffles - Low Carb & Keto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (organic)
- 150 grams dark chocolate (organic)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter ,
- 2 tablespoons raw honey ,
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon ,
- 1 sea salt (organic)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Begin by heating cream on a low flame but don't let it boil. Start to chop your chocolate bars into small pieces. Heat cream When it's simmering, add chopped chocolate to the cream and stir until combined. Add the butter in as well and stir until completely melted. Melt chocolate Turn the heat off and add honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine. Combine well Let the mixture refrigerate for about an hour. You may need to stir every once in a while to ensure the butter is well distributed; it has a tendency of separating. Once it's cool and hardened in the refrigerator, you can scoop some truffle batter up and roll it into a small ball, about an inch and a half in diameter. You can of course make them smaller or bigger to your liking. Shape into balls Place each round ball onto a plate lined with wax or parchment paper and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Once they've hardened some more, you can give them another quick roll in your hands to smooth them out. Place cocoa powder in a deep bowl and add your truffles. Shake and roll the truffles gently in the cocoa powder to coat them evenly. Smooth and coat in cocoa Put the truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy with hot tea!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:10.