Homemade Truffles - Low Carb & Keto
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (organic)
- 150 grams dark chocolate (organic)
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sea salt (organic)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Begin by heating cream on a low flame but don't let it boil.
- Start to chop your chocolate bars into small pieces.
- Heat cream When it's simmering, add chopped chocolate to the cream and stir until combined.
- Add the butter in as well and stir until completely melted.
- Melt chocolate Turn the heat off and add honey, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Combine well Let the mixture refrigerate for about an hour.
- You may need to stir every once in a while to ensure the butter is well distributed; it has a tendency of separating.
- Once it's cool and hardened in the refrigerator, you can scoop some truffle batter up and roll it into a small ball, about an inch and a half in diameter.
- You can of course make them smaller or bigger to your liking.
- Shape into balls Place each round ball onto a plate lined with wax or parchment paper and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Once they've hardened some more, you can give them another quick roll in your hands to smooth them out.
- Place cocoa powder in a deep bowl and add your truffles.
- Shake and roll the truffles gently in the cocoa powder to coat them evenly.
- Smooth and coat in cocoa Put the truffles in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy with hot tea!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:10.