Homemade Low-Carb Zucchini Pickles
- 1 kilogram zucchini (small, sliced, 2.2 lb)
- 2 yellow onion (small, sliced, 2.2 lb)
- 1/4 cup salt (small, sliced, 2.2 lb)
- 2/3 cup erythritol (small, sliced, 2.2 lb)
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar (small, sliced, 2.2 lb)
- Wash your zucchini and trim the ends.
- Using a sharp knife or a mandolin, slice the unpeeled zucchini very thinly.
- Cut the onions into small wedges and separate the layers.
- Put the zucchini and the onion into a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt and cover with water.
- Leave for one hour, and then drain.
- Combine vinegar, Erythritol, and spices in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Take saucepan off the heat.
- Place the drained zucchini mix into the vinegar and leave to soak for one hour.
- Return pan to the heart and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for three minutes.
- Spoon into sterilised jars, top off with the vinegar blend and cap tightly.
- Once opened, store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:23.