Easy Mexican Tenderloin
- 1 pound loin (beef or venison loin)
- 4 cloves garlic (beef or venison loin)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil (beef or venison loin)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning (beef or venison loin)
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- cilantro leaves
- Place the loin in a baking dish, add the garlic, lime juice, oil and taco seasoning roll loin to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place cast iron skillet with lard to medium high.
- Season the loin on all sides with salt, then add the loin to the hot skillet.
- Sear on all sides for about 2 minutes each or until a nice crust forms.
- Use a hand towel and transfer to the hot oven.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare salsa and guacamole.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:11.