Chewy keto ANZAC biscuits!
- 100 grams almonds (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds ,
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin ,
- 30 grams erythritol (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 30 grams dry coconut (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 1/2 teaspoon soda (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 50 grams salted butter ,
- 50 grams water
- Preheat oven to 170C fan forced, line a large tray with baking paper Use purchased almond meal or blend almonds in a blender until almost the consistency of almond meal, some chunks are fine Mix almonds with chia, gelatin, sweetener, coconut and bicarb soda Move everything to a pot, add butter and water, cook on a medium heat, stirring consistently, for 2 minutes Dollop mixture onto baking paper, making 12 rough biscuit shapes, flatten gently. Alternatively bake as a slice in a small loaf or slice tin. Bake 20 minutes, turning the tray half way. Times here can vary, you want them evenly golden brown all over, the colour of an almond skin. Slice will take longer but time will depend on your tin size and oven, cook until golden brown all over. Allow to cool, store in an airtight container in the pantry or in the fridge they’ll go a bit harder. Store up to 7 days or freeze 3 months
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:03.