Chewy keto ANZAC biscuits!
- 100 grams almonds (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 30 grams erythritol (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 30 grams dry coconut (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 1/2 teaspoon soda (or almond meal for conventional method)
- 50 grams salted butter
- 50 grams water
- Preheat oven to 170C fan forced, line a large tray with baking paper Use purchased almond meal or blend almonds in a blender until almost the consistency of almond meal, some chunks are fine Mix almonds with chia, gelatin, sweetener, coconut and bicarb soda Move everything to a pot, add butter and water, cook on a medium heat, stirring consistently, for 2 minutes Dollop mixture onto baking paper, making 12 rough biscuit shapes, flatten gently.
- Alternatively bake as a slice in a small loaf or slice tin.
- Bake 20 minutes, turning the tray half way.
- Times here can vary, you want them evenly golden brown all over, the colour of an almond skin.
- Slice will take longer but time will depend on your tin size and oven, cook until golden brown all over.
- Allow to cool, store in an airtight container in the pantry or in the fridge they’ll go a bit harder.
- Store up to 7 days or freeze 3 months
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:49:03.