Vegan Keto Yogurt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (see Notes)
- Pour the can of coconut milk into a blender.
- If it is not already liquid, blend for about 30 seconds until the fat and water have completely combined.
- Turn off the blender and break open the probiotic capsules, emptying the contents into the coconut milk.
- Be careful not to drop the capsule in! Pulse this mixture a few times and transfer to a clean pint jar.
- Secure the sprouting lid (or cheesecloth), and place in a warm, dark spot.
- Leave to ferment for 24-48 hours, checking for texture by carefully stirring the mixture with a clean spoon.
- If you want to taste the mixture now, just be careful not to reintroduce the spoon to the jar after it's been in your mouth! Once the yogurt reaches the desired consistency/taste, replace the sprouting lid with one that seals and refrigerate for up to a week.
- Any longer than this, and I've noticed the yogurt becomes a little too sour.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:22.