Vegan Keto Peanut Butter Doughnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (I used a salted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup warm water (I used a salted)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used a salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (I used a salted)
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used a salted)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and have on hand a standard doughnut pan.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash together peanut butter and coconut oil.
- This doesn't have to be too perfect, because the warm water/nondairy milk should help to mix everything better.
- Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.
- Let this sit for about five minutes so the flax has time to gel up.
- Stir the dry ingredients in until a thick batter forms.
- Evenly distribute batter into the doughnut pan, making sure to smooth over any large peaks.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the tops are firm and golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing, so the doughnuts can set up.
- Remove from the doughnut pan (I had to whack the back of the pan upside down over the cooling rack, which I'm sure looked ridiculous).
- Mix together glaze ingredients and dip the doughnuts into the glaze, or spread it using a butter knife.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:25.