Vegan Keto Peanut Butter Doughnuts
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed ,
- 1/4 cup coconut flour ,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder ,
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (I used a salted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil ,
- 1/2 cup warm water (I used a salted)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (I used a salted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract ,
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter ,
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (I used a salted)
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk (I used a salted)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and have on hand a standard doughnut pan. Whisk dry ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, mash together peanut butter and coconut oil. This doesn't have to be too perfect, because the warm water/nondairy milk should help to mix everything better. Stir in the rest of the wet ingredients and keep mixing until everything is totally combined. Let this sit for about five minutes so the flax has time to gel up. Stir the dry ingredients in until a thick batter forms. Evenly distribute batter into the doughnut pan, making sure to smooth over any large peaks. Bake for 25 minutes, until the tops are firm and golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing, so the doughnuts can set up. Remove from the doughnut pan (I had to whack the back of the pan upside down over the cooling rack, which I'm sure looked ridiculous). Mix together glaze ingredients and dip the doughnuts into the glaze, or spread it using a butter knife. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:25.