Super Creamy Keto Eggnog
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup erythritol (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 3/4 cup dark rum (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- whipped cream
- ground cinnamon
- Place the egg yolks in to a bowl.
- Add the granulated Erythritol and whisk until creamy and frothy.
- Set aside.
- Pour the almond milk into a sauce pan.
- Add the cream, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over a high heat.
- Once foam starts to form, take off the heat.
- While the milk is still hot, use a ladle to gradually temper the hot almond milk and cream mixture into the egg yolk and erythritol mixture.
- When you have added about half of the almond and cream mixture, return everything into the pot with the remaining almond and cream mixture and cook until it reaches 70 C/ 160 degrees F (this will take 6-8 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and pour into a medium mixing bowl (Optionally, strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pieces of cooked eggs and spices).
- Add the vanilla extract and dark rum.
- Set in the refrigerator to chill.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:54.