Super Creamy Keto Eggnog
- 5 egg yolks ,
- 1/3 cup erythritol (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg ,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon ,
- 1 teaspoon sugar (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- 3/4 cup dark rum (granulated, or Swerve, 67 g/ 2.4 oz)
- whipped cream ,
- ground cinnamon
- Place the egg yolks in to a bowl. Add the granulated Erythritol and whisk until creamy and frothy. Set aside. Pour the almond milk into a sauce pan. Add the cream, nutmeg and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over a high heat. Once foam starts to form, take off the heat. While the milk is still hot, use a ladle to gradually temper the hot almond milk and cream mixture into the egg yolk and erythritol mixture. When you have added about half of the almond and cream mixture, return everything into the pot with the remaining almond and cream mixture and cook until it reaches 70 C/ 160 degrees F (this will take 6-8 minutes). Remove from the heat and pour into a medium mixing bowl (Optionally, strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove any pieces of cooked eggs and spices). Add the vanilla extract and dark rum. Set in the refrigerator to chill. Store refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:14:54.