Squash and Ground Beef Mexican Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 yellow squash (or Italian sausage)
- 1 onions (small
- 1 clove garlic (or Italian sausage)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or Italian sausage)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 salt (teasoon
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown.
- Drain and set aside.Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Mix in the squash, onion and garlic and sautÃ© until tender.Add the ground beef and tomatoes (and water if fresh tomatoes are used) into the skillet.
- Season with chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper.Turn mixture into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 400Â°F oven for 15 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:18.