Shamrock Eggs with Braised Spinach
- 2 large eggs (free range or organic)
- 2 green pepper (free range or organic)
- 1/2 red onion (free range or organic)
- 1 cup baby spinach (free range or organic)
- 1/4 cup bacon (free range or organic)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (free range or organic)
- Rinse the bell pepper, remove stem and seeds.
- Slice it into two thick (2 cm / 1 inch) slices just near the center of the pepper (the widest part).
- Save the rest of the pepper for a salad or with your breakfast.
- Grease a non-stick pan with half of the ghee or butter and add the pepper rings to the pan.
- Cook on one side for about 3 minutes.
- Crack an egg into each of the bell pepper rings.
- Dont worry if some of the egg white leaks out, you can simply remove it later on with a spatula.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper and cook until the egg white becomes firm.
- When done, set aside.
- In a separate pan, warm the remaining of the ghee or butter and add finely chopped red onion.
- Cook for a few minutes until slightly brown.
- Then, add sliced bacon and cook shortly.
- Add washed and drained baby spinach, season with salt and cook for another minute.
- Note: I already had some crispy bacon prepared in my fridge, so I just added that at the end.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:39:34.