Raspberry Chia Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Keto)
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup sweetener (I use this brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (I use this brand)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries (I use this brand)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix coconut flour, baking soda, salt and sugar together in a bowl, ensuring that all clumps are removed.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt coconut oil for 30 seconds in microwave.
- Mix coconut oil, vanilla extract and eggs in with the dry ingredients.
- To make the raspberry jam, simmer raspberries, sweetener, chia seeds and water In a small pot over medium heat until it begins to thicken into a jam-like consistency, approximately 8-10 minutes.
- While raspberries are simmering, roll dough into balls, approximately 1 inch in diameter and press down into cookie shapes on a baking sheet.
- Form a crater in the middle of each cookie in order to make room for the raspberry jam.
- Once the jam is nice and thick, spoon into the crater in each of the cookies.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, swapping the top and bottom sheets half-way through.
- These will be very soft after baking, so allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:05.