Paleo Avocado Pesto
- 1 avocado (large,
- 3 cups fresh basil (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced),
- 3 cloves garlic ,
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- Halve and peel the avocado and remove the seed. Wash the basil, peel and mash the garlic and juice the lemon. Place the avocado, basil, garlic, lemon juice, pistachio nuts and oil into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Note: I like to mash the garlic before blending to make sure there are no large pieces left. Season with salt and add more to taste if needed. Note: It may also help if you soak the pistachios for 1-2 hours before blending. Otherwise, let it sit for at least an hour to allow the nuts to soften. This will help create a soft and creamy texture. When done, use immediately or spoon the mixture in a glass jar, top with a bit of avocado or olive oil and seal properly with a lid.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:25.