Paleo Avocado Pesto
- 1 avocado (large
- 3 cups fresh basil (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1/3 cup pistachio nuts (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1 teaspoon salt (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (large, 200g / 7.1 oz)
- Halve and peel the avocado and remove the seed.
- Wash the basil, peel and mash the garlic and juice the lemon.
- Place the avocado, basil, garlic, lemon juice, pistachio nuts and oil into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Note: I like to mash the garlic before blending to make sure there are no large pieces left.
- Season with salt and add more to taste if needed.
- Note: It may also help if you soak the pistachios for 1-2 hours before blending.
- Otherwise, let it sit for at least an hour to allow the nuts to soften.
- This will help create a soft and creamy texture.
- When done, use immediately or spoon the mixture in a glass jar, top with a bit of avocado or olive oil and seal properly with a lid.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:25.