Low Carb Vegan Smoked Salmon (Lox)
- 100 grams carrots (about 2 medium/large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil ,
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce ,
- 1 teaspoon kelp (about 2 medium/large)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- While the oven is preheating, slice the carrots into thin strips with a mandolin slicer. I cut them in half first, so the pieces weren't too long. Be very careful, and make sure to use the hand guard while slicing! Whisk together the oil, tamari, kelp flakes and smoked sea salt. In a mixing bowl, toss the carrot strips together with this mixture and set aside to marinate for a little bit. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. While the oven preheats, occasionally stir the carrots to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed. Lay out the carrot strips (they can overlap slighty) in a roasting pan and roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not yet brown. After 25 minutes, be sure to check the carrots often so they do not overcook. Remove from the oven and let cook before serving.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:59.