Low Carb Vegan Smoked Salmon (Lox)
- 100 grams carrots (about 2 medium/large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kelp (about 2 medium/large)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- While the oven is preheating, slice the carrots into thin strips with a mandolin slicer.
- I cut them in half first, so the pieces weren't too long.
- Be very careful, and make sure to use the hand guard while slicing! Whisk together the oil, tamari, kelp flakes and smoked sea salt.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the carrot strips together with this mixture and set aside to marinate for a little bit.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- While the oven preheats, occasionally stir the carrots to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed.
- Lay out the carrot strips (they can overlap slighty) in a roasting pan and roast for 30-40 minutes, until tender, but not yet brown.
- After 25 minutes, be sure to check the carrots often so they do not overcook.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:59.