Low Carb Vegan Pancakes (gluten free, egg free, dairy free, soy free)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (unsweetened)
- 1/4 unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- liquid stevia (unsweetened)
- 1 pinch salt (unsweetened)
- Heat your frying pan (I used a cast iron skillet) on low medium heat.
- In a small dish, combine almond butter and almond milk.
- In another dish, combine the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Let this sit for a minute or two, so the flax and coconut flour can absorb the liquid.
- Spoon the batter onto your skillet and spread gently into pancakes.
- I got 3, 4" pancakes out of this.
- If the batter is difficult to spread, wet the back of a spoon and use it like a spatula.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes, until the pancake flips easily (check it at 3 by gently shimmying your spatula under the pancake).
- Like with conventional pancakes, you want to see those little bubbles all over the surface.
- When golden on the underside, flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes until done.
- Top with vegan butter, coconut cream, sugar free syrup, berries or more almond butter (or really, any combo of the above mentioned foods) and enjoy!!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:51.