Low-Carb Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Nests
- 3/4 cup spaghetti squash (cooked, 115 g/ 4.1 oz - here's how to cook spaghetti squash)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce (cooked, 115 g/ 4.1 oz - here's how to cook spaghetti squash)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (cooked, 115 g/ 4.1 oz - here's how to cook spaghetti squash)
- bacon slices
- grating cheese
- fresh basil
- Cook the spaghetti squash by following instructions in this recipe.
- If necessary, remove any excess moisture by placing the prepared squash in a sieve and squeezing the excess moisture out.
- Heat a pan greased with ghee over a medium-high heat.
- Once hot, divide the spaghetti squash into 2 parts and place on the pan.
- Using a fork, create two "nests".
- Crack an egg into each of the nests, lower the heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the egg white is opaque and the egg yolk is still runny.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When done, remove from the pan using a spatula and serve with marinara sauce.
- Optionally, top the eggs with fresh basil and serve with crisped up bacon slices, sliced avocado, or add some grated cheddar cheese (top with grated cheddar cheese and place under a broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese is melted).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:07.