Low-Carb Mulled Wine Berry Jam
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine (360 ml/ 12 fl oz)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 whole clove
- 2 whole allspice
- 2 whole cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 vanilla beans (360 ml/ 12 fl oz)
- 2 slices ginger
- 1/2 orange (organic)
- 1/3 cup erythritol (360 ml/ 12 fl oz)
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries (360 ml/ 12 fl oz)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds (360 ml/ 12 fl oz)
- sweetener (can be used to taste. Here's a list of suitable low-carb sweeteners.)
- alcohol (Nutrition facts are estimated - some ingredients are used for infusing. Also
- Pour the wine in a sauce pan.
- Add the nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cardamom, star anise, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean (split lenghtwise), ginger slices, and peel from half of an organic orange.
- Bring to a boil and simmer uncovered over a medium-low heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Then turn off the heat and cover with a lid.
- Set aside to infuse for at least 30 minutes.
- Strain into another sauce pan and return to the heat.
- Add the Erythritol and berries.
- Cook over a medium heat until it starts to boil (this will take 10-15 minutes).
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the chia seeds.
- Mix with a spatula and set aside for 20-30 minutes to allow the chia seeds to gel and soak up the juices.
- Transfer to a jar.
- Keep sealed and refrigerated for up to a week, or freeze in an ice cube tray for up to 6 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:31.