Low Carb & Keto Tortilla Española (Spanish Omelette)
- 350 milliliters extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 110 grams white onion (divided)
- 700 grams radishes (divided)
- kosher salt (divided)
- freshly ground black pepper (divided)
- fresh parsley (divided)
- Heat up olive oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Turn your heat down to low and add in the radish and onion slices, seasoning with a bit of salt as you layer them on the pan.
- Stir occasionally until tender, silky smooth and fully cooked (37-45 minutes, depending on size and thickness).
- Do not let the radishes or onion brown.
- Lightly whisk your eggs with a generous pinch of salt in a medium bowl, while the radishes are cooking.
- Set aside.
- Drain fully the radishes and onions once cooked, reserving 2-3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes (so as to not scramble your eggs).
- Pour in your eggs.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:20.