Low Carb Granola Cereal (Paleo, Gluten-free, Sugar-free)
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 6 tablespoons erythritol
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal (Golden)
- 1 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup butter (Golden)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (163 degrees C).
- Line a large baking sheet, or two small ones, with parchment paper.
- (I used two 13x9 in (33x23 cm) cookie sheets.)Pulse almonds and hazelnuts in a food processor intermittently, until most of the nuts are in chopped into large pieces (about 1/4 to 1/2 of the full size of the nuts).Add the pecans.
- Pulse again, stopping when the pecans are in large pieces.
- (Pecans are added later since they are softer.)Add the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, erythritol, and golden flaxseed meal.
- Pulse just until everything is mixed well.
- Don't over-process! You want to have plenty of nut pieces remaining, and most of the seeds should be intact.Add the egg white to the food processor.
- Whisk together the melted butter and vanilla extract in a small bowl, and evenly pour that in, too.Pulse a couple times, mix a little from the bottom toward the top with a spatula, then pulse a couple times again.
- Repeat as needed until everything is coated evenly.
- Again, avoid over-processing.
- At the end of this step, you'll have a combination of coarse meal and nut pieces, and everything should be a little damp from the egg white and butter.Transfer the nut mixture to the prepared baking sheet in a uniform layer, pressing together into a thin rectangle (about 1/4 to 1/3 in (.6-.8 cm) thick).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until lightly browned, especially at the edges.Cool completely before breaking apart into pieces.
- (The granola will be soft when you remove it from the oven, but will crisp up as it cools.)
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:39.