Low Carb Crispy Walnut Shrimp - Gluten-Free, Keto, LCHF
- 1 pound shrimp (large raw, peeled and deveined)
- 2 ounces walnuts (large raw, peeled and deveined)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- oil (for shallow frying
- Wash, peel and devein the shrimp.
- Pat dry with paper towel.
- -Heat butter in a small skillet until bubbly.
- Drop in the walnuts and fry for 2 minutes on each side to allow the outside to crisp and the natural nut oils to become fragrant.
- Set aside.
- -Heat oil in the bottom of a deep, heavy pan, allowing enough oil just to cover the shrimp, about 1" depth.
- -Heat oil over high heat.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, drop in half the shrimp so as not to crowd the pan.
- Notice you aren't frying these with any breading.
- They'll naturally crisp up a bit in their natural state.
- -After about 4 minutes, you'll see the shrimp turn pink and curl.
- At that time, remove them from the oil with a slotted spoon, and place them on paper towel to drain.
- Repeat with the remainder of the shrimp.
- --While the shrimp are cooling down slightly, mix mayo, sriracha and lemon juice in a bowl and stir until fully combined.
- I like to use an immersion blender here to develop a light and airy texture.
- -Fold the shrimp into the sauce, allow to lightly coat, and plate.
- Top with walnuts and serve.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:58.