Keto Salisbury Steak
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard (80/20)
- 2 tablespoons reduced sugar ketchup (80/20)
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire (80/20)
- 1 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pork rind (80/20)
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (80/20)
- 1/4 white onion (80/20)
- 2 ounces crimini mushrooms
- 2 cups beef broth (80/20)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sugar ketchup (80/20)
- 1/2 tablespoon worchestershire (80/20)
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (80/20)
- Slice the onion and baby bella mushrooms and set aside in a bowl.Heat a large (we used a 12 inch cast iron) skillet to medium high heat.In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients for the patties.
- Combine using your hand and form into 4 even oval pattiesAdd 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to the hot skillet and add the four patties to the skillet.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until fully cooked through and crispy on the outside.Remove from the skillet and set on a plate.Reduce the heat to medium-low and Drain off 1/3 of the drippings.
- Add remaining coconut oil to the skillet (1/2 tbsp) and combine and scrap up the bottom using a spatula.
- RAdd the chopped onions and mushrooms and combine using the spatula.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes until the onion and mushrooms are tender and cooked down.Add the beef broth, ketchup, and worcestershire sauce and combine.Bring to a boil and reduce for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the xanthan gum, whisk to combine (ensure to get all the xanthan gum clumps mixed in) and then add the cooked patties back into the gravy mixture.Cook for an additional 5 minutes, flipping the patties half way through.Serve immediately and enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:11:17.