Keto Eggplant Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggplant (medium)
- 6 slices bacon (medium)
- 2 cloves garlic (medium)
- 1 onions (small
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt (medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add a little bit of oil in to fry the bacon.
- Once the bacon turns golden and crispy, remove and chop into small bite-size and set aside.Use the same saucepan with the bacon fat, toss in garlic and onion.
- Continue frying until they soften.Gently throw the ground beef into the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Stir with a spoon and allow it cook till golden.
- Add the marinara sauce in and bring to a boil then simmer until the volume decreases by about a third.Meanwhile, peel off the eggplant skin.
- Cut the eggplant lengthwise into ¼ inch thin slices.
- Grill on a non-stick preheated pan and make sure both sides are cooked.
- This is an optional step just to give the lasagna a firmer consistency and intensify the amazing smell of grilled eggplant.Prepare a baking dish to layer your lasagne.
- Place a layer of eggplant as the base, then spread the cooked beef and bacon on top of the eggplant then top with cheese.
- Repeat the layers until you fill the whole dish.Spread more Parmesan cheese on the final layer.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes until the cheese melts and the surface produces nice golden bubbles.Remove from oven and allow cooling for about 5 minutes.
- Slice out a piece and enjoy with some green veggies.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:47.