Keto-Crepes with Keto Syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Swerve Sweetener (or a drop of stevia glycerite)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- coconut oil (or a drop of stevia glycerite)
- 1 cup organic butter
- 1 cup Swerve Sweetener (confectioners)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Instructions In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix on high until smooth.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes or store in the fridge overnight for easy breakfast (the mixture thickens a little).
- Stir again just before using.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet onto medium high.
- Have a pot holder close by (the handle gets very hot).
- Pour a few tablespoons of the batter into the well greased skillet.
- With the pot holder on your hand, swirl the dough all around the pan to have a very thin layer of batter that covers the whole pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Remove from skillet and fold in ½ and then fold in ½ again.
- Top with homemade syrup.
- To make the syrup: In a large saucepan, heat the butter over high heat.
- Whisking every few seconds.
- The butter will "fluff" up to the top of the saucepan and then fall back down.
- Watch for lots of brown flecks and remove from heat.
- Watch closely, you do not want "black" flecks.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Swerve until smooth.
- Whisk in the almond milk.
- This will thicken in the fridge.
- Use the Syrup within 1 week...
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:12.