Keto Coconut Dulce de Leche (sugar-free, dairy-free, vegan)
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (13.5oz/400ml each)
- 1/4 cup sweetener (13.5oz/400ml each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan on medium-high heat, stir ingredients together.
- Heat for about five minutes, whisking occasionally, until the mixture begins to boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and continue whisking frequently.
- Be sure to whisk away the “foam” that appears.
- Once this foam is completely gone (about 13-14 minutes), cook for another minute, whisking constantly.
- This will bring the cooking time to about 20 minutes total.
- The dulce de leche will have thickened to a caramel-like consistency and will be a medium golden color.
- Let cool for about ten minutes before either using or transferring to a heat-safe jar and continuing to cool, uncovered, in the fridge.
- Once cool, cover and store.
- To store: Refrigerate in a sealed jar for up to two weeks.
- To reheat: Scoop the caramel into a small saucepan on low heat and gently heat for about five minutes, whisking occasionally, until the caramel becomes smooth and pourable.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:24.