Keto Chocolate Chunk Muffin
- 2 cups ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon alcohol (free stevia, I like Sweet Leaf or Better Stevia from NOW)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rock salt (free stevia, I like Sweet Leaf or Better Stevia from NOW)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water (free stevia, I like Sweet Leaf or Better Stevia from NOW)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (free stevia, I like Sweet Leaf or Better Stevia from NOW)
- 1 bar dark chocolate (free stevia, I like Sweet Leaf or Better Stevia from NOW)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-count muffin pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine flax seed with stevia, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- Add eggs, water, oil and vanilla extract to your Vitamix or other high-powered blender.
- Blend on high until foamy - about 20-30sec.
- Combine liquid mixture with the flaxseed mixture.
- Stir gently with preferably a spatula until combined.
- The mixture will be very fluffy.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks to finish.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan almost 90% of the way up.
- If you fill it up completely the muffin mixture will pour over when they rise.
- Bake muffins for 13-15 minutes, or until a knife or toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and remove muffins right away and place on a cooling rack.
- These freeze really well for up to three months and they're also yummy toasted.
- They'll keep nicely in the fridge for up to 4 days
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:04.