Keto Butter Crunch Cereal
- 60 grams coconut flakes (unsweetened, /chips)
- 70 grams chopped peanuts
- 70 grams walnuts
- 70 grams peanuts
- 70 grams slivered almonds
- 30 grams butter (unsweetened, /chips)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup erythritol (unsweetened, /chips)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chop the nuts roughly into uneven sized pieces for ~textural interest~ and combine in a large glass jug/bowl/vessel.
- In a non-stick frypan, heat the butter and coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Pour the nuts in and stir quickly to coat with the melted mixture.
- Continue to stir frequently to ensure the nuts on the bottom of the pan don’t catch and burn.
- Everything will quickly become toasty golden and develop that delicious nutty fragrance.
- Be careful not to overcook – my batch very nearly went that way.
- Constant vigilance is needed with the wooden spoon to ensure even toasting and crunch.
- Remove the pan from heat and let cool for 5 minutes before stirring in the sea salt, cinnamon and erythritol.
- Leave to cool further for another hour before transferring to an appropriate airtight storage container.
- I’ve served mine both with 60ml of cream, whipped, and coconut cream slightly watered down and definitely prefer the dairy option.
- I’m planning on purchasing full-fat Greek yoghurt to have with the cereal tomorrow morning
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:47:37.