Healthy Keto Salmon Paté
- 2 salmon fillets (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1 red onion (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup pecans (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- ground black pepper (small, 240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 200 F / 400 F.
- Place the salmon filets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle with ghee and transfer into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- When done, remove from the oven and let it cool down.
- Then, peel and discard the skin.
- Peel and slice the garlic and dice the onion.
- Place the cooked salmon and garlic into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- To keep the paté chunky, I added the onion and pecans after the garlic & salmon were blended.
- Add the onion, pecan nuts, mayonnaise,...
- cream cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Pulse for a few seconds until desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon the paté into a bowl and add freshly chopped parsley.
- Mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately and cover with a wrap and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serve on top of low-carb bread, with breadsticks, tortilla chips or crackers (recipe for Cheesy Spinach Crackers will be posted soon!)
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:29:48.